What You will Need:
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or flour
- 1 cup chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp corn starch and water
- Lemon Zest
- 2 Lemon slices
What To Do:
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, coat with egg and cornstarch and season
- Cook chicken in hot oil for about 5-10 minutes (fully cooked)
- Start your sauce: add chicken stock, lemon juice, sugar and lemon slices in a medium/small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and add your cornstarch and water along with the lemon zest.
- Taste sauce for sweetness. If it is not sweet enough add more sugar or add some honey.
- Once again bring to a boil and allow sauce to thicken.
- Once the sauce is done, pour on chicken and serve with rice
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup rice (Cooked)
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery, carrots and red pepper
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup of beef stock or chicken stock
- preferred seasoning (salt, pepper, thyme…)
- 1 tbsp Oil
What To Do:
- Cook vegetables with oil in a wok until almost fully cooked. (Optional- fried egg)
- Add your stock and soy sauce along with your precooked, cold rice.
- Season Rice and continue cooking until hot.
- Serve along side lemon chicken.
Tip– Cook rice before starting chicken and rinse in cold water to stop the rice from cooking farther. Allow to cool while you prepare your chicken and sauce!