What you will need:
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp a.p flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 3 medium potatoes
- seasoning (garlic, salt, and pepper) to taste
- Prepare potatoes to be diced into bite sized pieces (peel and wash)
- Then chop up bacon and place in a medium sized pot along with butter on medium/low heat. (Note: Adding diced celery and carrots adds more flavour and great colour)
- Once bacon is cooked, add flour to make the roux. Do not brown.
- Add chicken stalk and let simmer.
- Dice up potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- Add cream ( can be substituted with milk; however, this will make it less creamy and rich but is a cheaper option)
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Finally, add potatoes and allow to cook completely and soup to thicken to desired consistency.
(If the soup is not thickening to your desired consistency, you can add a teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in a tbsp of water to thicken soup. The starch from the potatoes will also help thicken the soup.)