A light crispy pastry shell filled with cool whip cream.
What you will need:
- 150ml water
- 150ml milk
- 115g shortening
- pinch of salt
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- Bring the water, milk, salt and shortening to a boil in a pot. Then remove from the heat.
- Add the flour and mix. Return to low/medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture creates a white film on the bottom of the pot and the dough losses its ‘wet’ look.
- Let the mixture cool to 60*C and gradually add one egg at a time and mix until well combined. Make sure the mixture does not become cold, that will make it harder to pipe!
- Put your mixture into a piping bag with your preferred tip, and pipe.
- The temperature is very important. Start at 400*F for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 375*F to finish baking. You know when the pastry is cooked when you tap it, and the shell sounds hollow.
- Allow the pastries to cool. In the mean time, whip up a batch of whip cream and put in a piping bag. Once cooled gently cut the pastries in half and fill with the whip cream.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!